Come post-November 17 are we going to get a whole new set of policy documents? Hope not. We have policies plenty. Here are some of the key documents. Some need updating.
- Proposals for a National policy Framework on General Education in Sri Lanka, December 2003 National Education Commission, Sri lanka (contact: email@example.com; +94 11 280 7323; 223 C, Nawala Road, Narahenpita, Colombo 5).
TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
- National Development plan for the Tertiary and Vocational Education Sector, Prepared by the Tertiary and vocational Education Commission at the directive of Hon. Kabir Hasheem, Minister for Tertiary Education and Training, January 2004.
(The task force report is an excellent document. Don’t think anybody did much with it. The second National Development Plan represents an attempt.) ——————————————————————————————
- Presidential Task Force on University Education Reforms Convened on 11th February 1998 (No official report released)
- Improving Relevance and Quality of Undergraduate Education Project Documents, World Bank, 2001-2005
- New Universities Act (Draft for observations), Sep 2004.
(This sector has trouble getting any policy document out. Only the world bank document has any relevance with US$ 50 million to back it up)
Treasures of the Education System in Sri Lanka, World bank (2004).