Education Forum Sri Lanka (EFSL) invites applications for the position of researcher, part-time or full-time at mid or junior level.
EFSL is an independent platform that engages with experts and stakeholders from multiple sectors in order to catalyze policy reforms in education using evidence-based interventions. Our goal is equitable access, child-friendly processes, and quality outcomes in education in Sri Lanka through the accountability of actors and institutions responsible. Founder Members are Sujata Gamage, Tara de Mel, and Nisha Arunatilake.
- Work with Dr. Sujata Gamage to collect data and write policy briefs on topics identified by EFSL. See https://www.educationforum.lk/what-we-do/ for an indicative list.
- Organize EFSL policy dialogues and summarize discussions
- Communicate our work through the EFSL web site and FB and Twitter accounts
- Assist in furthering the objectives of EFSL
Qualifications: The applicant should
- Have a good academic record in a social science or science discipline
- Demonstrate the ability to carry out research and analysis using data
- Be able to communicate, orally, in writing and through digital media
- Eager to learn and apply new concepts and techniques
You will be working virtually, but LIRNEasia’s office space can be used as needed. (LIRNEasia is the research partner of EFSL).
For the right candidate, EFSL offers:
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge issues in education
- Remuneration commensurate with your expertise
- Six-month contract with the possibility of a long-term position at LIRNEasia
Please submit a detailed CV with phone/email contacts of two references who can speak to relevant experience/abilities and a sample of research-related writing to the following email: eduforumLK@gmail.com by August 30, 2020.